[Ibogaine] need information

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Oct 1 13:02:53 EDT 2006

Hey Karl,

The trouble is that a lot of the rootbark available in the UK is shite, in
my experience. It hasn't been kept properly and was probably crap when the
wholesaler gave it to whoever is now selling it. A lot comes through France
and French-speaking countries and these guys are always selling us their
crap wine too. Good quality rootbark, and I mean like the best, is about 4%
ibogaine base and the other iboga alkaloids add up to a total of about the
same strength again. This means really top class iboga rootbark is about
1/12th the strength of pure ibogaine. So, if you were going to take maybe
1.2g of pure ibogaine then you'd need about 15g of iboga rootbark to get the
same effect.

But, like I say, most of the rootbark you get in the UK is shite, and likely
completely useless for doing something like detoxing which requires a good
blast of iboga energy into the system. Assuming you don't have access to a
lab to test it, then the only way you can test it is to maybe do 5 or 10g of
it as an extract, or just by eating it. There is instruction on making an
extract at www.ibogaine.co.uk/extract.htm

£90 for 50g is like really fucking cheap. I mean, maybe you're very lucky,
maybe a new source has opened up here which I don't know about, or if you
ask me more likely it's just crap. Try some, like I say. At 10g you should
get a good basic experience even if you're on heavy opiates. If very little
happens then I think you probably need a different source.

Nick