[Ibogaine] from methadone list - Herman Joseph on stigma and methadone

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 09:04:31 EST 2006

  -----Original Message-----
  From: HSLotsof at aol.com [mailto:HSLotsof at aol.com]
  Sent: 30 March 2006 18:19
  To: ibogaine at mindvox.com
  Subject: Re: [Ibogaine] from methadone list - Herman Joseph on stigma and
methadone

  Nick,

  It is not a matter of resolving addiction.  It is a matter of respect,
Yes brain washing and torture work. There is also the adage, you can attract
more flies with honey than with vinegar. I just think people should be
treated decently and that is more important than whether they are using
drugs or not.  Just to be clear, though you did not say it, I don't consider
myself a mindy academic.  I've been in the trenches.

  Howard

  Howard,

  I do not regard you as a mindy academic. I also don't regard you as above
misunderstanding, or getting caught in reaction. I would appreciate it if
you could explain to me just how brain-washing and torture relate to
encounter therapy? I have not stated or inferred that I don't think people
should be treated without respect, simply that there are two sides to the
coin, with the positive there also comes the negative - What I like about
you is.....; What I don't like about you is... This is how it goes, share
both sides. That is what I'm saying. With the whole pc trip, there's a
danger you start to use only one side. And this doesn't usually work.

  I have to say that it seems to me that even discussing encounter therapy
trips so many people out they are just reacting all over the place. Perhaps
there is another explanation or I am wrong.

  Nick