[Ibogaine] Move on with Ibogaine

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Sun Mar 26 00:42:27 EST 2006

>And it IS  true that Anslinger was a nazi creep who
used his feds to run a regular police state against against
dissenters who questioned the basis of marijuana prohibition, such as
Lindesmith, the professor from Indiana who persecution finally moved
Kennedy to kick Anslinger upstairs to the U.N., where it was thought
he couldn't do as much mischief.<

No trouble with this bit here. I recently picked up the book The Strength of
the Wolf-the Secret History of America's War on Drugs, which covers the
history of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, Anslinger's baby, which existed
from 1930 to 1968. I haven't actually started it yet (reading the ibogaine
story still), but am looking forward to cracking this baby open.
    Discovery Channel every so often runs a show about Hitler's crazy
doctors and the use of drugs in the Reich, so you're on the money there too,
I think.
    Anyway, I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just like to correct
misconceptions if I come across them and know they aren't quite correct. It
doesn't help my side of the issue much if I or fellow drug users begin
telling others false information- it can lead to prohibitionists belittling
all our arguments and more easily getting away with it because of any
proveably wrong info I or others might pass on.

-----
"Bring us, oh Cardinal, three junkies.
Give them the wine and the wafer,
and sit with them for forty-eight hours.
We'll bring three junkies also,
give them Ibogaine,
and sit with them for forty-eight hours.
At the end of the time,
you have breakfast with your junkies,
and we'll have breakfast with ours."
Beal/Armentano-