[Ibogaine] Move on with Ibogaine

Dana Beal dana at phantom.com
Sat Mar 25 17:26:07 EST 2006

I didn't want people to misinterpret your refutation of the folk
myth, is all. Surely you've heard the sub-variant where the inventor
synthesizes it in 1934-5, names it Adolphine to cash in on Hitler-
mania (which was real in the early Reich), and gets a  big medal from
the Nazis. Alas, it sounds great, but isn't true. The website
probably has it right, since it's based on chemical company documents.

But all the stuff about Goering, Goebbels and Hitler is true--I have
a book somewhere about Hitler's crazy doctors. New Age medicine is
not really a very good way to run a Reich (possible reflection on
Ramtha there). And it IS  true that Anslinger was a nazi creep who
used his feds to run a regular police state against against
dissenters who questioned the basis of marijuana prohibition, such as
Lindesmith, the professor from Indiana who persecution finally moved
Kennedy to kick Anslinger upstairs to the U.N., where it was thought
he couldn't do as much mischief.

I can attest that Allen Ginsberg was traumatized by his persecution
at the hands of Anslinger until the day he died.

JFK himself was a medical marijuana user-- for his bad back. I don't
think he really thought thru the implications of the U.N. Single
Convention on Cannabis and other Psychotropic Drugs. This is an
international treaty all the signatories can pretty much enforce as
they please, so long as they don't legalize outright. But DEA cited
it against UDV and are trying to get all signatories to ban ibogaine
under it.

Dana/cnw