[Ibogaine] a message thread that no longer has anything to do with daniel...

BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com
Fri Jun 30 21:21:35 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/30/06 8:24:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
maseshipley at gmail.com writes:

> Biscuitboy I don't know you at all, but reading your words here you
> seem to be honest with yourself and while you could do much worse then
> Patrick as a leader or role model, I would say that maybe in addition
> to everything else you find here, you might try to find a meeting that
> you like, keep looking and I think you might be surprised, a little
> group support from different groups could go a long way. Take what you
> find useful and leave the rest, dang there I go again with 12 step
> cliches that apply so well to almost everything I've found here :-)
>
> -Mase

      Mase, I'm going to be as honest as I can here. I was in AA for 10
years. I learned a lot. My sponsor taught me how to play music in bars without
drinking myself into fucking up all the songs during the last set. In other words
he helped me to play without drinking and I will forever be in debt to him for
it. I still say the serenity prayer just about every day. Sometimes quite a
few times a day. I found faith, I found confidence and I found a whole bunch of
screwed up women just like me................................. I didn't say
that. I still apply all the slogans that are stuck in my head. I still try to
live one day at a time. BUT, at my home group which is a gratitude group I
thanked God for the Bwiti tribe in Africa for bringing about Ibogaine that is
helping addicts all over the world and you would have thought that I was
advocating some kind of take over or something. It went over like a fart in a scuba
tank. That was the last meeting I have went to. As for Patrick being my leader or
anyone else for that matter, I just want their knowledge. I give props to the
people I think deserve it and he does for having this list. I have an agenda,
I'll get it done. It may take me a little while but I have my own idea's
about some things. Besides where else can you get away with writing twisted
stories about crop circles or Nard Tingledick and his herd of river otters on the
Hudson? I've been thinking of going to some meetings here in KY and just keeping
my mouth shut but keeping my mouth shut seems to be hard to do sometimes.
Anyway, Thanx for letting me know how you feel. I know you meant the best for me.
      Randy