[Ibogaine] Daniel Pinchbeck's new book in NY Times

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 14:38:04 EDT 2006

Hi Preston and others,

I think what you say is true, but also, for me, Ed is more talking about the
tendency of some who have used psychoactives to get so totally identified
with their own experience that they can talk or write about pretty much
nothing else. It's like this whole experience they have had seems to take
them over and they become completely lost in it. I recall doing just this
myself for a while! It's OK, for a bit, but I think it's good to try and
nudge people along. I mean, if I hang out with a lot people into
psychoactives, I find it can get to be like either endless navel-gazing or a
"Who's had the most major drug experience" competition. Maybe that's just
me, but that's the energy I often feel around that scene. If you take a drug
to teach you something about yourself, to get a change in your life, I think
you should actually have the decency to change.

Nick