[Ibogaine] Daniel Pinchbeck's new book in NY Times

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jun 27 15:41:43 EDT 2006

>What is it about psychedelics and narcissism that go hand in hand...is it
the living in ones own self created reality i.e fantasy...that becomes 'mind
manifested' or 'turned inside out' ...after all is'nt that what breaking
open the head is?...letting the contents out...only to find eventually
through much knashing of teeth that they're delusion. Hey, this is a journey
after all.<

Don't know about the "delusions" bit, but as I've seen attributed to George
Bernard Shaw:

"The man who writes agbout himself and his own time is the only man who
write about all people ane all time."

I've also seen it heard it said that one should write what one knows.

>One of the reasons. limited coverage is given to the psychedelic position
>is
that, it often is significant for the writers inability to seperate self
from experience and as a result it becomes a blur...like the persons mind. I
think this is why indeed the accompanying recomendation with such work is to
continue with a therapist...a person who one pays to contain and keep this
material on the straight and narrow. The problem with delusion and the
significant [problem it is for a person is that only on the outside is it
recognised...thats why its deluded.<

Speaking personally (ironically enough conisdering this post's subject
matter), for me to try to seperate myself from the experience seems a bit
strange. In your case (I'm guessing), you experienced some sort of blur
after taking whatever psychedelic and now you benefit from therapy. I
realized I didn't want to pay someone else to listen to me tell myself what
I needed to be doing and how to do it. Again, I'm really only speaking for
myself.
Just some thoughts.
Peace, love and respect,
Preston Peet