[Ibogaine] Daniel Pinchbeck's new book in NY Times

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jun 27 08:07:27 EDT 2006

Vector, man,

I always find your posts interesting and stimulating, but I think it would
be cooler still if you could not paraphrase your judgments about people to
make it sound like they're part of some cosmic gameshow you're mc'ing. This
means...don't say "no offense" when you're going to put out negative
judgments, and please don't speak/write as though you're speaking for a
whole bunch of people or a consensus of opinion. You wanna be offensive just
do it straight, it's cool. Otherwise I really enjoy what you write.

Personally, I actually pretty much 100% agree with Ed here. And you too. I
think 10 years to process an ibogaine experience is about right, if it's a
good one. And, yes, it's par for the course to be attracted to all sorts of
weird theories and beliefs in that time, and, yes, finally, you're going to
have to go back to basics and learn how to make simple relationships work,
once all the psychedelic weirdness and excitement and conspiracy theories
have worn a bit thin. Some people don't make the last bit so well and get
stranded out there. I like it that you try and bring them back in.

Nick