[Ibogaine] Fw: [DrugWar] Drug czar announces major bust in bad heroin supply

kappa includ getaroundcl at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 23:44:17 EDT 2006

Strange- when I think of 'speaking in tongues' I forget about the 'holy rollers' down South- I think of Voodoo/ Santeria or spirit invocation via ceremonial magic (like the Golden Dawn)- but then these all have roots in Christianity too.  What about some of the thousands of religious sects in India? or the Middle east?  or American Indians?  I'd love to read what you've written when you're finished.  Where will it be published?

  Also, I've been away from my computer for days- are the 'fentanyl stories' and the glossolalia article connected?  Are people really taking fentanyl in order to invoke?  That seems a weird choice of substance.  -Or am I creating an amusing rumor via my ignorance?  Ha ha

Preston Peet <ptpeet at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
  Ahhh, hate to admit but I've been a wee bit slack on the website, skipping
days here and there- and haven't seen anything more recent on the fentanyl
stories at this point either.
I'm working on a piece about speaking in tongues and how these people could
simply be getting "high on god," and must then somehow tie this in to how
others get high to reach and contact/converse with god.
I'm not taking any pro- or con- approach, keeping a completely open mind.
I have found interestingly enough that glossolalia/speaking in tongues is
NOT limited to fundamentalist christians at all, but is practiced by a huge
assortment of religions and cultures around the world.
So the point is that's what my focus has been on the past couple weeks, so
I've been a bit slack on the updating my links at drugwar- doing some but
not my usual bevy of posts.
Peace, love and respect,
Preston

mistaken for madness"