[Ibogaine] FW: SAVE THE INTERNET!

Vector Vector vector620022002 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 21 11:37:35 EDT 2006

Some parts of the 'Net Neutrality' press are real, while others are
more like hysteria. 'Net Neutrality' doesn't exist exactly, if you mean
that the internet is free and 'equal' it already isn't. The internet
was invented by DARPA which is a military think tank in the US. The net
is mostly owned by the US, which isn't exactly true either but the
governing body that controls all domains is hosted by 13 root servers,
located around the world but also controlled by the united states,
there was a big stink about this last year at the united nations, at
the end the US more or less said, if you don't like it, fuck off,
invent your own tech, go back to pens and paper.

The internet was designed as a decentralized network with no central
point of authority, one of the main guidelines was to build something
that would survive nuclear attack and keep going, It succeeded which
now disturbs the US because they really don't have 'control' they
control the root servers which run dns, dns points to what is where,
like how do you connect to 'mindvox.com' and how does your computer
know where that is?

This is a huge discussion and it's easy enough to look things up on
google if you want to learn more, instead of doing chicken little the
sky is falling.

What all of this is about are two things. VOIP which is voice over IP,
and p2p which is peer to peer sharing, or to be more exact, bit torrent
is upsetting the entertainment industry a lot and crazily enough
'entertainment' is one of the united states biggest exports to the rest
of the world.

The phone companies don't want you to make as many international phone
calls for free using skype as you want, the phone companies, cable
companies and internet service providers are becoming the same thing.
It also doesn't help that VOIP is easy to encrypt, while normal phones
have had backdoors and the ability to monitor conversations forever,
despite the government and phone companies claiming different.

They also don't like that some people use the net to surf around and
read email, while someone else paying the same amount of money is using
10,000 times as much bandwidth to download 50 dvd's that they're
stealing. The bandwidth companies don't care what you're stealing (the
riaa and mpaa do) they care how much of their resources you're using by
paying your $50 a month flat rate for dsl.

These are all real long and complex conversations that have been the
source of a lot of hysteria on most tech sites who don't care about
drugs or drug users or whatnot.

Signing up to a public access forum using your real name and then
ranting about how much heroin or crack you're doing while trying to get
off them using ibogaine, is of course maybe not the most brilliant
thing to do if you're reading the list from work.

.:vector:.

Here for instance is net neutrality along with microsoft sucks, thank
god bill gates is leaving, in a major tech newsletter.

The problem with most of what is reposted under this, is that it's
hystercal ranting almost totally free of any facts that have anything
to do with the issues of internet pricing.