Critics and stuff

Mystical Pup mysticalpup_dc at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 16:21:28 EDT 2006

What the world really, really, really, really, really needs is a reviewer of all the critics.  Then I could read the reviews of the critics and decide which ones to read so that I'd then know which books to read;  which movies and theatrical shows and television shows to watch.

Oh, and, heck, while we're at it, how about a review of the ways people are going to vote prior to their voting so I'd know which way to vote.  Oh, wait, that's already being done --- it's called polling.  And we already know how good THAT works!

If somebody doesn't tell me exactly how to live my life, I just don't know what to do!

I sort of expect entertainment to entertain me.  Sometimes it does; sometimes it doesn't; and sometimes it just sucks.  I tend not to return to movies directed by or starring actors who (in my view) consistently suck.  Sometimes friends of mine tolerate or even LOVE the same entertainment I don't like.  Imagine that ... I guess it takes all types of people to make the world go around.

Generally speaking, I'm just not the kind of person who goes to shows for moral lessons or some big rehashing of events I see in the newspapers everyday.  Call me light and airy, but I like to escape into a good story.  It's better than drugs and not nearly as addictive.