[Ibogaine] Daniel Pinchbeck's new book in NY Times

Vector Vector vector620022002 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 16:12:32 EDT 2006

Wow ok, Pinchbeck hit a nerve with most of you, the wrong one I guess
;)

To give my half a cent here, I haven't read 2012 and don't really plan
to, I did make it through maybe half of breaking open the head, it was
no worse then most books about psychedelics and better than a lot. He
isn't exactly the new messiah and he does lack a sense of humor, but I
guess he really must act like an ass in person to have so much hate
from people who are in theory his audience. Oh well. It's not like you
even don't like him much, you act like he ran over your dog.

The one line in that review I personally agreed with, is 'Of the
multiple difficulties encountered by the writer of
drug-induced-mind-expansion narratives, none is more important to
overcome than that of transferring the effect of the drug to his prose,
a near impossibility attained by only a few — William S. Burroughs
comes to mind, as well as Thomas De Quincey.'

Too true and nope Daniel doesn't do much for me, but then if you all
can do better, the world is waiting ;)

.:vector:.