[Ibogaine] Daniel Pinchbeck's new book in NY Times

Krista Vaughan krista.vaughan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 15:17:47 EDT 2006

I don't think it's a reasonable or fair way to judge a person's work,
based on how they live their life. Many if not most of the world's
greatest artists, writers, thinkers, have been....... really horrible
people. Sad but true.

My problem with Daniel is mostly that he just isn't saying anything
new, that hasn't been said better by Mckenna and he totally fails to
engage my belief or interest in anything he writes about. I don't so
much care what he does in his life or how big a dickhead he is, it's
not like I need to put up with him personally, it sounds more like
people from NY or burning man who know Daniel personally or at least
have seen him talk, who are so turned off.

Yes the Jarhead guy is a dickhead, who has totally opposite and
different opinions, who was in the military before becoming a writer
and no I don't agree with much of anything he thinks or believes, but
you know something... he _is_ a good writer. Sad but true.

The "drugs" rant was not appropriate or called for or even
representative of anything, except for the fact the reviewer hates
Daniel, but so it seems does nearly everyone else. To give it a turn,
it would be his turn to get reviewed as writing yet another macho ego
story of killing people for America, shut up and go kill someone or
run for office and kill a lot of people.

BTW I don't really see where any of this had much of anything to do
with ibogaine itself, Daniel has very little to say about ibogaine and
it was only singled out as being exceptionally poorly written and
conveyed. He talked about Daniel's writing, not ibogaine, that was
clear.

KV