[Ibogaine] Daniel Pinchbeck's new book in NY Times

Dave Brockman davebroc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 14:52:16 EDT 2006

True true, whatever anyone thinks doesn't matter, it only matters what
you yourself get out of it. Personally I've got 2012 too, was hoping
for something else, what I don't know, but here's another review.

Pinchbeck sucks ass. No changes there.

All the crap he has to say about other peeps, he could go say to the
mirror. 'course the NYT seems to have lots of personal agendas with
half the peeps in the entire counter culture and duh, yeah i'm sure he
was set up with the one reviewer who would hate him the most, but
that's his own fault for being such a utter tool. There's a major,
total lack of good psychedelics authors to take the places of the last
generation. Pinchbeck wants to be Terrence but as somebody else said,
it's like a copy of Terrence with all humor and self awareness
removed. I think the prob is, he does a great job of turning everybody
who isn't already a convert, totally off to anything he's saying. He
sucks.

It's not like that Albert guy he was on the panel with at the ibo conf
was all that either, but he was at least gracious, pinchbeck
was..........a tool. Fuck him and his unheated share in Williamsburg
(ohhhhh way trendy).

Wonder how much I need to fry my brain to dump my rich girlfriend, who
just had my baby and explain I need to try to get laid at burning man,
even though try is the operative word. Lot of love and great wisdom is
obvious by looking at the way he lives and acts.

Fuck the NY Times and their Jarhead reviewer and fuck Pinchbeck, he
sucks ass. I can say that too, because my karma is still good, I
contributed my $30 bucks hoping for something that didn't suck, so
danny boy can go buy himself a burger on my dime.

Eye of the Bhogi

>  It's this line that irked me the most: "Since when can a guy on mushrooms
> land a punch? And no one likes a global morality bully who's tripping.
> Whatever happened to just taking
>  drugs?"

As much as it may piss you off, he asked for that, he's asking for
that through the entire book, he climbs up on his moral high horse and
rants about what's wrong with the whole world without ever taking a
look at himself. I don't dig the jarhead dude, but he did sum it up
right there. Pinchbeck does the same shit everyplace he goes, he
ranted about "drug tourism" without being able to see that it's
exactly what he spends most of his time doing.

>  IBOGA is not "drugs."

Sorry again, but this is the same ibogaine party line that don't play.
I know it's not "drugs" it's a sacred healing mystical plant that
gives peeps liberation from drugs. That's nice, my medical cannabis is
also meds, but someplace behind the bs, I happen to be aware that both
are drugs and ranting about how they're not, won't get no play when
you're not preaching to the choir. Be real.

-broc