apologies for my carelessness

xlemontree at yahoo.com xlemontree at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 02:09:44 EDT 2006

hi everyone,

  i really must apologize for sending the entire list serve an email that was only meant for shaun.  it was a long day at work and i didn't pay attention to where i was sending it.  sorry for clouding all of your inboxes.  i promise that this is The Last Time that i make this faux pas.

  je suis encore vraiment desolee; quelle honte!
  anna

: dharmabumwarrior: : Thu Jun 15 01: 25: 40 at yahoo.com, UNEXPECTED_DATA_AFTER_ADDRESS_IN_GROUP at .SYNTAX-ERROR.;;;;;, "::dharmabumwarrior::" <click80 at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Hey peeps,

  I am a 43, exsmoker <yippee>.  I smoked for about 30 years.... After moving here to Colorado I started seeing a public service announcement on TV. Basically it just said to never quit, quitting. If it does not take -- quit again the next day... and again... until you get it. So that is what I did. The time it took and I finally quit, I was using the Commit Lozenge. I had virtually no cravings. I had also started taking Milk Thistle at the time and I am interested if that had anything to do with helping to alleviate the cravings. It was so strange to be able to quit that time so easily. I had tried so many times and nothing. You see in my family if you smoke you die at about 55-60. MAX. Even with that in mind and nursing my mother through the last years of her life, while she slowly suffocated from emphysema, I still was puffing away on 2 packs a day up until the last attempt at quitting.

  I consider it weird and really, I do think something possibly the Milk Thistle, had to of helped me. I had a lot invested in quitting because I had told myself I would not attempt to come off of 10 years of M'done-150mg q day unless I could at least quit some meazley ass cigarettes.

  So there is my little quit the nicotine story.

  By the By, to whomever this applies, Thank You for relating the different journeys with Bwiti, this is very invigorating, reinforcing and is great soul support. I also am one who has to get a lot of things together before I take THE STEP. So this group helps when my energy starts to flag, and droop.

  If it was not for the "UnitedStates of Society Control through Drug Law" I could have Been One with Bwiti by now

  Carry on troupe and again {{{{{hugs}}}}} Thank You for being part of the answer.

  ::dharmabum:warrior::

  AndyAmine <andyamine at gmail.com> wrote:
  A friend of mine recently quit the smoking of Tobacco (and other herbs) after several decades of addiction using the healing brew 'Ayahuasca" (a Harmaline/DMT brew).

Along with his tobacco cravings he was also suffering ill health due to the smokes as well in the form of re-ocurring throat/chest infections and really wanted to do something about it, so one night at one of our regular ethnobotanist camping trips, on a very mild dose of Ayahuasca he asked the Aya to help heal his throat and and used the session to think about this.

When he awoke the next day he was totaly free of cravings and his throat already feeling better, after a couple of days his throat was healed and he has not smoked or had an infection since, (over 6 months!)

  On 6/14/06, Preston Peet <ptpeet at nyc.rr.com> wrote:   >In one of my books which I can't find in the kaos that is my
home, it suggested carrying around a bag of sunflower
seeds........excuse the lack of technical knowledge, but
supposedly there is something in them that suppresses the
craving for a smoke?<

This was actually another recent suggestion, chewing seeds of some sort.
I'm really serious. As horrid as they make me feel at many times, I can't
seem to find the will to kick cigs. And it's a humbling feeling.

Peace, love and respect,
Preston Peet

mistaken for madness"
Richard Davenport-Hines