Paul Wright- HT Freedom Fighter July 2006

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jun 12 10:29:12 EDT 2006

Hi all/

First of all, -Hi Paul,
Here's a URL you may use- if you'd like, you may repost the entire piece at
your website, so long as you credit HT as original publisher, and DrugWar as
the online link, Please. Thanks, for all you do, for what you still will do,
and for cooperating so nicely and cheerfully.)

(BTW all, if anyone has any suggestions as to someone HT might want to
consider noting as a Freedom Fighter, someone working on bringing justice
and/or reform to our current prohibition/incarceration mad nation, I'd be
happy for the suggestions. I can't guarentee they'll be picked or ok'd by
the editors, but I'm always ready to hear and read about someone's suggested
choice. Thanks all.)

http://www.drugwar.com/paulwrightHT.shtm

High Times Magazine's Freedom Fighter for July, 2006
Paul Wright
By Preston Peet
(Originally published in High Times Magazine,
July, 2006 issue, pg. 20- still on stands now)
posted DrugWar.com June 12, 2006

(image- great photo of a smiling brightly Paul Wright goes here in text at
URL, along with the rest of the article after the snip below, so be sure to
visit and read a bit more about this most deserving and honorable High Times
magazine  Freedom Fighter.)
PLN Founder and Editor
Paul Wright

When he entered the Washington State penal system in 1987, after receiving a
304-month sentence for shooting a drug dealer during a robbery (the jury
rejected his claim of self-defense), Prison Legal News founder and editor
Paul Wright immediately recognized a dire need for a publication by and for
prisoners, and despite having no previous journalism schooling or
experience, he set out to fill the void. The first hand-typed, photocopied,
10-page issue of PLN was published in Wright and Ed Mead, cooperating from
two different prisons, in May 1990. The first three issues were banned in
all Washington prisons, the first 18 in all Texas prisons. Still, the
monthly magazine quickly grew to 48 pages, and each new issue now enters
prisons and jails in all fifty states, despite frequent censorship troubles.
snip-
Read Article at above URL
Peace, love and respect,
Preston Peet