[Ibogaine] withdrawal

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jun 5 19:59:43 EDT 2006

Howard wrote >My perception has been that a common sign of withdrawal may be
described as exhausted or lethargy.  Many people I have observed who are in
withdrawal take to bed.  Am I right that exhaustion and lethargy are common
signs of withdrawal and if so why have they not been listed on the two
withdrawal sign scales?<

I don't know why they're not listed Howard, as they are two of the very
first signs in me, when I'm strung out that is, that I'm in trouble and
withdrawals are setting/have set in. I can recall lying without a single
care on the nasty freakin' floors of both the Tombs and at Rikers' Island
because I hadn't enough energy to even sit up, much less stand or care about
whatever might be living on those gross-out floors.

-----
"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream.
The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe
the dream out of existence.
The dream is a spontaneous happening and
therefore dangerous to a control system set up by
the non-dreamers."
William S. Burroughs
----
Peace, love, and respect,
Preston

ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Editor http://www.drugwar.com
Cont. High Times mag/.com
Cont. Editor http://www.disinfo.com
Columnist New York Waste
Etc.

I have a question concerning withdrawal.  You can check the opiate objective
and subjective withdrawal scales at
<http://www.ibogaine.desk.nl/manual.html#withdraw>.  My question is the
following.  My perception has been that a common sign of withdrawal may be
described as exhausted or lethargy.  Many people I have observed who are in
withdrawal take to bed.  Am I right that exhaustion and lethargy are common
signs of withdrawal and if so why have they not been listed on the two
withdrawal sign scales?

Thanks for your help with this matter.  Your comments would be appreciated.

Howard