[Ibogaine] Ibogaine fatality paper

slowone at hush.ai slowone at hush.ai
Sun Jun 4 18:22:51 EDT 2006

Solitary realization - possibly *any* realization - doesn't seem to
translate into better ways of living as well as one might hope.
After the excitement of insight fades, habits remain/return.
Changing them is like physical therapy, something of a grind, and
easiest to persevere with in a social context. The social context
also seems to yield better insights, in my experience, which occur
as solitary moments in ritual. I think that the best treatment mode
would be the one that inspired people to stay connected with
aftercare. Also note the involvement of the shaman in the ayahuasca
healing that I posted before:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/0603/features/peru.html

Whatever it takes to find someone or a group that you can truly
trust.

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 13:33:29 -0700 Nick Sandberg
<nick227 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>Hi Ekki, Uwe, Suester and others,
>
>I think this post and Uwe and Suester's comments here raise some
>very
>interesting issues. Personally, I am not convinced that the
>"Western way" of
>giving ibogaine - usually in a darkened room with minimum
>intrusion - really
>works so well, especially longer term. My gut feeling is that the
>Bwiti
>approach, with its much higher level of social interaction
>throughout the
>session, is potentially a lot better. In the West, I think there
>is this
>core belief in a lot of people that healing is something you do on

>your own
>somewhere, away from the gaze of others, and it's this belief that

>is
>actually creating the problems people are seeking healing for.
>Maybe
>sometime someone will try more the African way here and see if
>results
>longer term are better.
>
>Nick

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485