[Ibogaine] Ibogaine fatality paper

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jun 4 16:33:29 EDT 2006

Hi Ekki, Uwe, Suester and others,

I think this post and Uwe and Suester's comments here raise some very
interesting issues. Personally, I am not convinced that the "Western way" of
giving ibogaine - usually in a darkened room with minimum intrusion - really
works so well, especially longer term. My gut feeling is that the Bwiti
approach, with its much higher level of social interaction throughout the
session, is potentially a lot better. In the West, I think there is this
core belief in a lot of people that healing is something you do on your own
somewhere, away from the gaze of others, and it's this belief that is
actually creating the problems people are seeking healing for. Maybe
sometime someone will try more the African way here and see if results
longer term are better.

Nick