[Ibogaine] Ibogaine fatality paper, Re: Suboxone

Warren Theriot warrentheriot at comcast.net
Sat Jun 3 04:11:24 EDT 2006

So I read the entire paper. Someone please tell me if my reasoning is
wrong with the following: I learned that ibogaine inhibits
cholinesterase which is the opposite of the action of atropine. Which
would seem to lower eyeball pressure. With all the other interactive
dynamics, it seems that ibogaine works a careful balancing act with
the opposing systems of nervous system function. Without that
delicate balance, the Ibogaine must not be able to work its magic.
The paper explains Ibogaine's action on the Sympathetic and
Parasympathic systems. The neurotransmitters involved have to
maintain this careful balance, or the nervous system crashes,
somewhat like software in a computer, resulting in heart failure or a
paralleling of the actions involved in Sudden Death Syndrome. I do
not know enough about neurology to know exactly what the right or
left hemispheres of the brain do regarding Vagal tonus. Is that the
sub-system involved in controlling the organs of the body? Nor how
the two systems mentioned work in the left or right brain.  The
explanation about the "trance state" in the paper might tell me why
Salvia, a Kappa agonist seems to give me the feeling that all the
activity in my brain seems to "feel" like it is suddenly all switched
over to the right side of my skull. Maybe a Kappa agonist Other than
Salvorin A, [Salvorin A also affects Acetylcholine], would help
chemically with keeping the trance state stable, but I don't know
anything about research in this area.  I can see how smaller doses
than needed to cause an NDE simply would not be enough to bring about
the "restorative" state, to reverse the "state" of the brain
functions caused by chronic opiate use that result in dependance and
withdrawal syndrome.  Is it possible that the person who wrote to the
list who described a painful and unsuccessful session may not have
received a high enough dose of Ibogaine to effect a "cure"? Maybe,
when he was admitted to the clinic, being already in moderate
withdrawal syndrome, rather than Morphine, Ibogaine treatment should
have started as soon as possible? What are the withdrawal symptoms
from Suboxone [Buprenorphine] like compared to codeine and how long
do the acute and post-acute stages last?
Warren