Waiting on Eco Man or Some one Like Him

Dana Beal dana at phantom.com
Sat Jul 29 17:16:50 EDT 2006

Yeah you can send it again.

I guess the main message I'm trying to convey is that in the next
year we have to focus on a public health message, based on the
groundswell of sentiment among drug war partisans that 25 years of
focussing on pot use among teens has failed to address hard drug--
especially crystal--use and its much more destructive consequences.

Understand I'm talking about a shift of sentiment among law
enforcement  and other stakeholders in the the system who may be for
the first time willing to process the information about an addiction
interrupter that was always dismissed as a "hallucinogen".

We are invited to do a panel at the Second Meth-amphetamine Summit by
the harm reduction office in Salt Lake City. A certain amount of
field organizing has to be connected with that, and I think alerting
affiliates to pitfalls they're going to encounter is a good idea.

There is zero chance of getting actual funding for ibogaine related
activities from MPP, because Rob Kampia isn't into it and his people
aren't either. So just don't waste the effort paying $250 to go to a
benefit where you only feel out of place, is all I'm saying.

Dama/cnw