Anti-scientific attitudes amongst nuclear physicists

Dana Beal dana at phantom.com
Sun Feb 12 18:54:02 EST 2006

That's not really fair, Jack.

Ibogaine stops addiction to speed, heroin, crack, alcohol and
cigarettes. That it is not effective against two other drugs-- benzos
and cannabis -- is the result of the fact that these two classes of
substances (which can be abused, or used medically under the
direction of a physician) are not particularly dopaminergic, or
glutaminergic.

It's in the literature.

I'll dig up the cites. In fact, Dr. Ken Alper of NYU Medical will
send you PDFs. kra1 at nyu.edu -- Dr. Ken.

Don't worry. If I can understand them, imagine how much better you,
as a scientist, will do!

Neurochem is easy, man. Do you know the work of Hameroff, et al?
"Quantum Coherence in Micro-Tubules?"

And did you know that NIDA contract researchers have come up with a
safer, semi-synthetic ibogaine with no nausea or  potential NMDA
toxicity called 18-Methyl-corinaridine. Somehow I met some people who
know you here (in NYC) who had some kind of LaRouchian connection.

That would be consistent with your attitude of being socially
superior to druggies, but you can't get away from the science, guy.

At least those guys--the ones who kind of know you--came to our forum
in '03. Perhaps some one else on the List can write you explaining
the urgency of dealing with this extremely important medical and
social problem without invading Bolivia or locking up enough Black
males so that a Bushoid  always wins the Presidency.

Yours for a government of laws, not men,

Dana Beal, Phil Dickian