[Ibogaine] Re: [DrugWar] [Ibogaine] Psilocibin Study (Part 3)

BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com
Wed Dec 27 05:42:40 EST 2006

In a message dated 12/26/2006 10:09:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hokkaidocrow at gmail.com writes:

So with  that being the case, it's looking like in the next couple of years,
the US  with its endless wars will beggar itself... of course I don't mean
abject  poverty, but it will be reduced to the economy of a nation no longer able
to  project significant military force or manipulate international markets,
no  longer able to sustain the domestic war on drugs or its attendant
prison-industrial complex.   Government workers and politicians may  have to get real
jobs.   In short, it would be a nation that would  have to mind its manners a
bit more, something like the post-imperial  UK.   By some estimates this could
happen as early as  2012

         I was thinking more along  the lines of 2010, or at least soon after
Bush leaves. When I look at this  situation logically, (although that is hard
to do given the present government)  it just stands to reason that there is
going to have to be a big change. China  and a unified Europe are going to be
the big players economically, less so South  Korea. Debt is going to dictate
that the US make some kind of change  diplomatically. In other words we gonna
have to kiss some ass to stay in the  game. To do this we're going to have to
substantially downgrade our military and  cut the budget big time. The only way
that I can see the budget getting cut is  to quit spending stupid money.
Therefore the war on drugs and all the wasted  money therein will have to go. It's
just cost effective to just try and help the  people that want help and let
others make their own choices. End of war.  If we are going to take pride in the
constitution we need to follow it the  way it was written. The rights of
people to make choices for themselves, not for  the government to tell us what
drugs to take, who we can live with and have sex  with. or a myriad of other
things that piss me off. Think of the money that will  be saved if we quit trying
to be the worlds police. Think of the money we can  put into the defense of
the US proper if we aren't all over the world killing  people that those in
power disagree with. Not to mention we just might quit  pissin' off the Moslem
factions that have a right to call their own shots. We  could finally have a
nationalized health care system.......I better stop. I  think yall get my drift,
don't chee? I just wish this would hurry up and  happen. I can't wait to get
one odoze M 16 M4 battle rifles that will be surplus  when the military is cut
and the govmint starts finding ways to raise money. I  can see it
now........."naaa don't change the selector and sear pin, I'll take  it just the way it is,
here's ye 300 bucks." He He
      "OOO boy, this is gonna be  great"    (Animal  House)         Randy