[Ibogaine] masks and void

ekki ekkijdfg at gmx.de
Mon Sep 26 02:18:49 EDT 2005

Am 25.09.2005 um 20:20 schrieb <slowone at hush.ai>:

> Ekki said that after you peel off the masks, there is nothing. I
> wonder if this is the truth experienced by people who had
> inadequate parents. Maybe if parenting was adequate one finds
> parents (or the same-sex parent) there, or God, or something rather
> than nothing.
make god and parents disappear & see what is behind.

> Adding ibogaine to these dynamics, it is commonly understood that
> much of what it shows us is translated to symbolic terms in order
> to achieve some degree of palatability, that many take literally at
> first and eventually come to different interpretations of. Nick
> gives an excellent description of this phenomenom here:
i came to the conclusion that there is no need to interpret anything
from my visions. the magic cannot be explained. knowledge and
understanding doesn´t help.
>    http://www.ibogaine.co.uk/ibogaine6.htm#ten

quote:
"Psychologically, the action of ibogaine is always to attempt to bring
repressed material to light - to make conscious what is unconscious."
while i consider this a legtimate view it should also be said that the
whole theory about repressed material is very controversial and much
debated among psychologists and neurologists. my own experiences with
ibogaine have been different, the visions were more like free play of
mind, but not my personal mind. nothing "repressed" came up and anyway
i was not on heroin because of repressed material.

> http://www.ibogaine.co.uk/ibogaine6.htm#seven
quote:
"With regard to concerns over ibogaine's psychoactivity, it should be
noted that, unlike LSD, psilocybin, or DMT, ibogaine is not active at
the serotonin 2 receptor (5HT2), and thus may validly be regarded as
not being hallucinogenic."

but ibogaine may be active at 5HT2:
http://www.ibogaine.org/alkaloids.html#_Toc444360986

Hofmann wrote more than 30 yrs ago:
"The disruption of natural functioning of serotonin by LSD was for some
time regarded as an explanation of its psychic effects. However, it was
soon shown that even certain derivatives of LSD (compounds in which the
chemical structure of LSD is slightly modified) that exhibit no
hallucinogenic properties, inhibit the effects of serotonin just as
strongly, or yet more strongly, than unaltered LSD. The
serotonin-blocking effect of LSD thus does not suffice to explain its
hallucinogenic properties."

sorry if this is pedantic, but i thought it might be interesting.

-ekki