[Ibogaine] ibogaine and the 'atypical antipsychotics' - MDMA Complementarity

Lee Albert myeboga at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 05:32:12 EDT 2005

Hi Luke,

I know of one therapist in Europe who gives a full on dose which knocks you out to the next life but which comes with an amazing sense of ones own truth. However, thats not what I had in mind.

I think small doses to break down the armour rather than giving 'major' full on insights is what I had in mind assuming that ibogaine is actually giving you the insight you already need.

If that is not the case then maybe a full on MDMA session would be something to consider.

As for ongoing MDMA therapy on small doses I don't know of anybody doing this but maybe you can go to the MAPS site. Actually I asked there once about 8 years ago and they told me it was illegal and suggested I look at ibogaine which I had never heard of.

Which brings me to ........

Lee

Luke Christoffersen <luke.christoffersen at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Lee,
          Does anybody do mdma therapy?  I thought about it myself a few times.

          I found ghb also good for opening up the heart in the past.

Luke

On 9/20/05, Lee Albert <myeboga at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: Hi,

Something which occurs to me and I would like to put it out there is this:

Ibogaine releases a lot of dark material and if we have difficulty in emotional release a lot of unacknowledged anger etc can build up. We can build up defenses to looking at the source and the nature of that anger. This in turn can create a viscous circle where normal relationships cease to function as we are blocked and put off at some level due to unacknowledged anger which we do not release and also which we are unable to forgive - this last part is vital to eventual healing imo.

This can mean that in the integration period we become blocked in moving forward (if we have difficulty with emotional release) and by being seperated from that which in fact we love at some level (because of anger), we cut ourselves off on many levels from the type of human contact we need for our well being due to projection of this anger. This then leads to self hate and an acute sense of pain.

I am not saying this is your case.

Anyway, it may be worth considering if one finds oneself in this position a guided low dose session of MDMA or if you feel up to it and are sufficiently conscious of where your blockages are, do it yourself.

Low dose MDMA can help you look at areas of anger etc and to see how destructive they are and how you need to deal with them such as in a further ibogaine session leading to eventual release and forgiveness. It also can reconnect one to the sense of love etc which helps in moving forward in ones resolution and perspective - it can take you out of a hole. This can quite possibly imo lead to a breakthrough and in subsequent days emotional release (work with an emotional therapist during this time if one is available) where before there was stagnation and pain.

Right now I am not entirely sure of the suitability of MDMA in conjunction with ibogaine. Its an idea which has only recently occured to me due to my own experiences. However there may exist some form of complementarity which can be of use and worth exploring. For example before one comes to an ibogaine session is it worth using MDMA to open up the heart a bit more?

Lee

slowone at hush.ai wrote:
Does anyone have experience or theoretical considerations with
regard to taking ibogaine - or ayahuasca - when on any of atypical
antipsychotics? E.g. Quetiapine (Seroquel), Risperidone (Belivon,
Rispen, Risperdal), etc.

I'm thinking of trying an antipsychotic (at low dosage before bed)
because of the off-label use for autism. I don't know how close to
autistic I am, but my inner pain seems overwhelming even on
ibogaine: it's like I've stumbled from a cocktail party into an
operating room and the doctors are telling me to get out, go party
little ego while we keep your self alive, you would not survive
seeing what you really are, you are just a construct to cover the
damage and survive. If no doctors are there, my task is to not look
at the blood everywhere and to try not to understand what is
happening and to forget the details as soon as possible - every
time it seems like my best judgement is telling me to forget.
Logically it could be birth trauma.

It seems that very low-dose ibogaine helps a little for therapy
(touch finger to powder and lick), however it only gets me up to
assessing how powerless I am to go further. Higher doses and I'm
either like a spooked mule or working on other issues.

I don't know if I'd want to take any ibogaine while on an
antipsychotic, but likely would want to keep taking ayahuasca.
There doesn't seem to be a clear-cut serotonin problem, in that the
antipsychotics in question seem to work by limiting dopamine, but
I'm not sure about other aspects. Any info would be welcome.

Amazing Grace: A true story based on the use of eboga / ibogaine over a six year period. Includes section on the Eboga Healing Process: www.myeboga.com/amazinggrace.html.