[Ibogaine] ibogaine and the 'atypical antipsychotics'

ekki ekkijdfg at gmx.de
Mon Sep 19 05:22:13 EDT 2005

Am 18.09.2005 um 22:04 schrieb <slowone at hush.ai>:

> Does anyone have experience or theoretical considerations with
> regard to taking ibogaine - or ayahuasca - when on any of atypical
> antipsychotics? E.g. Quetiapine (Seroquel), Risperidone (Belivon,
> Rispen, Risperdal), etc.
>
> I'm thinking of trying an antipsychotic (at low dosage before bed)
> because of the off-label use for autism. I don't know how close to
> autistic I am, but my inner pain seems overwhelming even on
> ibogaine: it's like I've stumbled from a cocktail party into an
> operating room and the doctors are telling me to get out, go party
> little ego while we keep your self alive, you would not survive
> seeing what you really are, you are just a construct to cover the
> damage and survive. If no doctors are there, my task is to not look
> at the blood everywhere and to try not to understand what is
> happening and to forget the details as soon as possible - every
> time it seems like my best judgement is telling me to forget.
> Logically it could be birth trauma.
>
> It seems that very low-dose ibogaine helps a little for therapy
> (touch finger to powder and lick), however it only gets me up to
> assessing how powerless I am to go further. Higher doses and I'm
> either like a spooked mule or working on other issues.
>
> I don't know if I'd want to take any ibogaine while on an
> antipsychotic, but likely would want to keep taking ayahuasca.
> There doesn't seem to be a clear-cut serotonin problem, in that the
> antipsychotics in question seem to work by limiting dopamine, but
> I'm not sure about other aspects. Any info would be welcome.

http://www.ibogaine.org/alkaloids.html#_Toc444360981
iboga influences dopaminergic systems as well and lots of other things
in your brain.
noone really knows how those things work in detail.

personally i wouldn´t take any antipsychotics unless you really have
to. there are lots of possible side effects and and i wouldn´t mix it
with ibogaine no way but i am not the expert and that is just my
opinion.

maybe your best judgement is right in telling you to forget and you
should rather go out and party and dance and meet people but again that
is only a guess.

good luck!
ekki