[Ibogaine] Liberty

Patrick K. Kroupa digital at phantom.com
Sat Sep 10 03:08:30 EDT 2005

On Sep 10, 2005, at 1:38 AM, Sjonnygee . wrote:

> I didn't post these quotes frivolously - Beyond the disaster in New
> Orleans there is rot and it will continue.
>
> Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did
> not vote for
> him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the
> White House
> because God put him there for a time such as this: Lt Gen William
> Boykin,
> speaking of G. W. Bush, New York Times, 17 October 2003

"Those who vote in elections decide nothing; those who count the
votes decide everything."
                 --Joseph Stalin

> God gave the savior to the German people. We have faith, deep and
> unshakeable
> faith, that he was sent to us by God to save Germany. Hermann
> Goering, speaking
> of Hitler

"Naturally the common people don't want war.  But, after all, it is
the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always
a simple matter to drag the people along.  All you have to do is tell
them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack
of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.  It works the same
in any country."
                 --Hermann Goering

> A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to
> religion. Subjects
> are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they
> consider
> god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move
> against him,
> believing that he has the gods on his side: Aristotle

"Anyone watching MTV will tell you that Marshall Mathers, also known
as Eminem, Slim Shady and 'Defendant,' has broken out like
psoriasis.  After listening to his angry tirades filled with juvenile
angst and contrived mayhem, I expected a rough man to saunter into my
suite at the Four Seasons for our interview.  I was not prepared for
the fey, timid little boy who has, no doubt, grown up under a barrage
of taunts and insults (those directed at his 'look' would certainly
fall comfortably under the expanding heading of 'constructive
criticism').  It is with guarded jubilation that I discovered that
this trailer-tenor has become a born-again Christian.  I also have an
exclusive preview of Eminem's new CD, which is inspired entirely by
Bible verses.  Being based on our Lord's Old Testament, of course, it
will present no discernable departure from his previous misogynistic
and bloodthirsty rants."
                --Betty Bowers

http://www.bettybowers.com/eminem.html

"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of
Congress... But I repeat myself."
                 --Mark Twain

Patrick