[Ibogaine] Boosters

Lee Albert myeboga at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 09:04:28 EDT 2005

Hi Nick,

I had a look at that site on the Humaniversity. Looks interesting. Might try it myself oneday. Is it expensive?

I have been following the discussion on boosters as that is something I find of interest and I guess what springs to mind is this:

1. Ibogaine's anti-dependency properties.

In my own experience I have encountered a great deal of pain with ibogaine as I have uncovered very painful memories of my past life. This has also come with a lot of self hate and anger. And when the pain is rising one can hit out unjustly or over-respond to others but that is how pain can take hold of the normal thinking processes in my experience and is part of the journey for good or bad.

There is a period of time where one is conscious of many bad things after the ibogaine experience and emotional release & integration is very much a good thing and the help of an open minded non-judgemental therapist as emotional guide can be a good thing. Of course a level headed partner can be equally as good. Ibogaine uncovers. I suppose it would not uncover unless you were up for it. Its a personal journey to mental/emotional clarity based on a deep seated commitment to doing the right thing imo.

Sometimes for me the feelings have been unbearable and I have reached out to the ibogaine in an almost addictive way. I am not proud of that but its true. There is a sense of wanting relief. Yet, when I have tried to up the dose from a low dose during a session in response to the pain (almost addictively) to find relief I end up thowing up and realising that I am actually trying to abuse the ibogaine and it doesn't work. The higher dose does not equal greater pain relief. So I back off and learn and also realise that no matter how much pain I am in there is an appropriate therapeutic dose for dealing with pain etc using ibogaine, i.e. unlike an opiate its not a question of the more you take the better you feel. "That is not to say that pain=taking ibogaine." With ongoing use one learns this truth as ibogaine is a spiritual experience and it is the spirit that is also part of the healing. By adopting a cooperative attitude with the spirit(s) of eboga, the energy of a mini-session can
 provide much needed relief and healing for those in recovery.

Being labelled a drug is not the same as being labelled bad. Thats a drug war mentality. Eboga is foremostly a spirit plant and a spiritual healers tool.

Conclusion:

Boosters/Mini-sessions have a place in the healing program imo but do not lend themselves to abuse as ibogaine is much more than a drug, eg. the eboga spirit can simply connect you to a deeper as yet uncovered trauma leading to immediate vomiting of the ibogaine - opiates don't do this. Eboga has its own means of regulating use. Ongoing use is a recognition of its role/use as a tool in ones healing journey.

Eboga is a doorway to a realm wherein one encounters healing spirits. Low doses are perfect for personal inner work especially where abuse has been uncovered and a person needs to look closer at the area or simply to release a great deal of pain - "of course" contact work can work equally well at times. Equally, emotional support outside such sessions plays a very healing role. Intention and a certain amount of humility along with spiritual awareness and cooperation helps. Yet, for some the lack of emotional support may be exactly what they need in that moment to access their deepest issues and can be the reason why those issues get accessed whereas with lots of support they might not!

2. Is it possible to avoid life using ibogaine?

Ibogaine is far more intelligent than anyone on this list. We can play with it and for a while exploit its ability to reduce our dependence but it is the spirit of eboga thats actually calling the shots imo and its agenda is hardly one where someone should avoid life. Ongoing use leads to ego annihilation in one form or other. Does it not?

The lesson of the pain produced via ibogaine/eboga is that life is full of pain and we are all part of its cause. When we decide that we cannot bear the pain any longer we begin to change our behaviour and our attitudes to break its cycle and the manner in which we perpetuate what has been done to us. We begin to find a place of peace within a world of suffering. Exploring how one feels in a mini-session throws us back onto ourselves where we have to truely question in what way we are also supporting this pain in our lives. This is part of the eboga experience and part of its ajenda. Eboga has an ajenda and taking it on an ongoing basis and expecting to benefit solely from its anti-addictive properties is perhaps being a little nieve.

One can take eboga willy nilly for a time and find a comfortable balance possibly vis a vis ones dependence. But who is to say that ones world will not suddenly become turned upside down by some tragedy or eboga uncovering or whatever and suddenly one is thrown back onto ibogaine to begin to learn its deeper lessons because there are no other options to resolve ones crises/pain? Is that a bad thing or is it simply the way in which eboga works?

Eboga is first and foremostly a teaching plant. I guess a lot depends on your point of view. If one does not buy into the idea of spiritual helpers, healing plants, synchronisity and events happening to influence your life journey, then maybe what I have wrote here will not make much sense.

Wishing everyone well,

Lee

Nick Sandberg <nick227 at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]

Ed, Do you know of any actual cases that might realistically be described as
ibogaine addiction? I've never heard of any.

Luke, Good to hear from you again. I'd still recommend Humaniversity therapy
over breathwork, personally. If you get some cash together check out a two
week Tourist Program www.humaniversity.nl. I know a lot of breathworkers,
whether rebirthing, holotropic, vivation or whatever, but Humaniversity is
far more encompassing and a lot more fun.

And, Ed, from one of your posts yesterday - I agree that a lot of people
into the Green movement are just into it to hide from themselves,
basically - to project their own inner conflicts out. I also agree that
iboga is best used interspersed with a lot of regular day-to-day living. I
don't quite see how you can tie these statements together like you did
though. Care to explain more?

Nick

Amazing Grace: A true story based on the use of eboga / ibogaine over a six year period. Includes section on the Eboga Healing Process: www.myeboga.com/amazinggrace.html.