[Ibogaine] a 'beligerent' rescuee in New Orleans

BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com
Thu Sep 1 12:50:59 EDT 2005

Preston, if you really need to know how to peel a safe, I can tell you what
used to work. It probably still will if you actually have the time and don't
have to worry about noise. But I try and not think of that kind of shit
nowadays. I have to admit that the thought of hitting all those pharmacies struck me
before the hurricane ever hit. I don't know if I ever will get rid of those
thoughts. But I'm honest about it and I haven't followed through with any of
those kind of thoughts since 1977. What struck me this morning while looking at
New Orleans under water, was all those fine up right basses and great sounding
piano's that are never going to play again. Matter of fact, New Orleans is
silent. No jams anywhere. The French Quarter is pretty dry, but most of New
Orleans is a total loss. Think of that. There is no one playing any music in New
Orleans at this moment. But knowing how people are, some of them are playing
acoustics and writing about this as I write this note. All those antique Selmer
saxes. God I can't stand to watch these people suffering much longer without
trying to do something to help. But damn I've got a lot to do in the next two
weeks. I will have benefit jam some time in the near future somewhere and will
participate in every one that I am asked to play at. I can think of no better
way of paying respect and helping out a city like New Orleans then to have jams
for the city, and giving them the money from people enjoying the music that
they helped create. I ain't the only guy thinkin' of this I know, so I can see
this happening all on it's own. Whatever, New Orleans will come back, but it's
gonna take a long time. O yea about the safes in the drugstores? You take a
small sledge hammer and a .............never mind.          Love and Zydeco
  Randy