[Ibogaine] unReality, hallucinations, visions, dreams...

sara119 at xs4all.nl sara119 at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 22 07:59:38 EDT 2005

> On Oct 19, 2005, at 12:46 PM, CallieMimosa at aol.com wrote:
>
>>> In a message dated 10/19/2005 11:21:18 AM Central Standard Time,
>>> freedomroot at gmail.com writes:
>>> If what passes for normal life is a big walking serotonin dream,
>>> to quote an angel, than why not call that a hallucination too?
>
>> Sorry Rachel but I think you have gone over the edge on that
>> statement.
>> That is exactly what I am stating.
>> Sometimes this list is just a bunch of unreal bologna! I have been
>> an addict for 25 to 30 of my 46 years. I stayed out of reality for
>> all those years. I am looking for something real....not just
>> another false sense of euphoria, false sense of reality or another
>> hallucination or unreal experience!
>> As I said before, and I hate to apologize all the time but... I am
>> not trying to be disrespectful to anyone.....just trying to get the
>> facts Mam as Detective Friday would say.
>> Callie
>
> Callie...
>
> Without getting metaphysical, and sticking wid' dat science thing
> which I hear is becomin' pretty popular in da 21st century...
>
> What's "real" ...?  Science is pretty much in agreement upon the fact
> that everything we perceive to be "real" or solid, is just light, at
> different wavelengths and densities.  Everything falls apart on a sub-
> atomic level.
>
> What's "real" ...?  Anything, everything, nothing.
>
> How do we perceive reality?  Through the greatest supercomputer
> that's ever been invented: that brain thing everyone has floating
> around inside their skull, and most people experimenting with
> molecules like to fine-tune, adjust, and play with.
>
> Reality is a highly subjective experience.  The way you process
> what's "real" and decide what to keep, and what to filter out, is
> based upon how your brain has been programmed, pretty much since birth.
>
> Some of this programming is conscious, most of it is not.  "Reality"
> rearranges itself in accordance with force of will/repetitions of
> patterns.  This is called neuroplasticity, not voodoo or magic.
>
> Neuroplasticity is pretty exciting in neuroscience right about now,
> because we used to think it stopped at a certain age ... but there is
> now actual proof that this is not the case.  In the last decade we
> have learned more about how the human brain functions, than in all of
> recorded history before right now ... and we still don't know very much.
>
> So the question that was first posed to science -- and actually drop-
> kicked into neuroscience by John Lilly, "Does consciousness arise
> within the brain, or is the brain merely a vehicle for mind/
> consciousness?" has, to some extent, been answered.  (And I mean in
> NEUROSCIENCE, not the happy-fun-wacky offshoot called Neurotheology
> -- which is essentially the study of the brain/mind and WHAT IS
> HAPPENING when transcendent states/spiritual experience/religious
> alignment occur.)

> [...]
 Dear Patrick,

about being a human being, my friend would say,
 "physical organisms,bodies with extraordinary intelligence that naturally
function in the present and act in response to given stimuli." He thinks "all
 our troubles arise from thought and ideas that are alienated from the
ongoing body-environment dynamic. Culture comes  between you and reality."
Something like that. "We are products of our culture and past. The brain and
body know exactly what to do when not dominated and conditioned by that
past."

Iboga brings up memories/guilt/shame/fears and to some level takes the
dominated condition
of the mind. (even when it's a mental illness).

be well,
Sara