[Ibogaine] mao - i

CallieMimosa at aol.com CallieMimosa at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 14:28:28 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/8/2005 12:35:03 PM Central Standard Time,
ekkijdfg at gmx.de writes:

ibogaine  is probably - like selegiline - a selective MAO-B inhibitor,
and thus  requires (although fasting is recommended out of other
reasons) no special  diet before while or after ingestion. please
correct me if this is wrong.  -ekki

I am not sure but I knew I had read something to that effect. Here it  is....

TABERNANTHE
-IBOGA
IBOGA: A tropical shrub with  panicles of small white /pink flowers. From
West African rain forests. The root  bark is used as a magical plant and in
initiatory rights of secret cults such as  the Bwiti. Ibogaine, the chief alkaloid
in this plant is a MAO inhibitor, has  psychedelic properties, and in low
doses is capable of producing aphrodisac  effects. Large doses can be fatal.
Illegal in the US. Not available at this  time.

ekki, why the comparison to selegiline?

Callie