[Ibogaine] Debunking ibogaine

jon jfreed1 at umbc.edu
Thu Nov 24 14:36:52 EST 2005

Preston Peet wrote:
> Re: [Ibogaine] Debunking ibogaineI'd always heard alcohol was THE only
> drug that could literally kill you as a direct result of the
> withdrawals. I could be mistaken, but I did learn it in a 28-dayw
> program, and we all know how reliable they are when it comes to
> addiction and drug use

Yuppers... well, both alcohol and barbitruate withdrawal are about
equally dangerous as far as risk of seizure and death.

About 5% of people will experience delerium tremens (DTs) during alcohol
withdrawal. Of people who experience DTs, about 35% will die without
medical attention, while a little less than 5% will die if they receive
medical treament (usually in the form of benzodiazapines or other
anti-convulsants).