[Ibogaine] Quote from the "Power of Now" sums up my recent situation

Day Brown daybrown at artelco.com
Tue Nov 8 11:59:21 EST 2005

shakti at photon.net wrote:
> This is pretty much how I feel...
>
> "When you create a problem, you create pain. All it takes is a simple
> choice, a simple decision: no matter what happens, I will create no more
> pain for myself. I will create no more problems. Although it is a simple
> choice, it is also very radical. You won' t make that choice unless you
> are truly fed up with suffering, unless you have truly had enough. And you
> won't be able to go through with it unless you access the power of the
> Now. If you create no more pain for yourself, then you create no more pain
> for others. You also no longer contaminate the beautiful Earth, your inner
> space, and the collective human psyche with the negativity of
> problem-making."
The problem is, however, a lack of sanity and/or sentience. I saw a man
lay in a hospital bed, who had laid there his entire life, without ever
making a volitional act. The autonomic system worked, but that was it,
nobody was home, and nobody ever came by to turn the power off.

I know others who sometimes listen to what you have to say, sometimes
listen to the voices in their head, and sometimes get confused as to
who it is they are listening to. Their confusion creates lotsa problems.
They dont have a simple choice, they dont understand the problems.

I read of a Finish study of their most violent prisoners. FMRI brain
scans show a constricted neural pathway between the corpus collosum and
the prefrontal lobes. They are not well connected with themselves. They
have murdered on that account; when emotionally aroused, the prefrontal
lobes shut down, and they have no choice but to respond to what their
reptilian brains tell them to do. They cannot access the power of Now.

And while it is all well and good for us who are sentient to make better
choices, we also havta make choices for others who are not sentient. And
we may sometimes have to use force and euthanasia to reduce problems and
contamination so that children will have a better shot at growing up to
be rational sentient beings able to solve more problems.

And unfortunately, it turns out that DNA has a lot to do with this. Many
are in the gene pool not because their ancestry was sentient, but cause
it had resistance to cholera, dysentery, plagues, etc. The tribes they
lived in had shamen, witches, and elders who told them what to do, and
when to do it. They had lifetime active case management. Freedom is not
something they are capable of dealing with. It didnt matter if parents
were incompetent; there were rational adults nearby at all times who
could hear a child in distress, so abuse never got out of hand. Loving
relationships were not always possible, nor were they expected.