[Ibogaine] Politically Correct P.C.

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 12:52:57 EST 2005

Hi Rachel,

I don't know how much of a "movement" the legalize heroin thing is. Perhaps
Dana could say more. But, as I see it, Peter has no problem with ibogaine
itself but is upset that ibogaine people use the "language of addiction" so
much. Terms like "addict", "non-addict", "dependent", "treatment",
"therapy", etc upset him as his take is that these are the words of the Evil
Empire - the medical establishment. For sure, many people into ibogaine use
this language.

He doesn't seem to like it that ibogaine offers to maintain this language
AND effectively treat addiction because this threatens his perspective.
That's my take, anyway.

Personally, I like his position, but I do think he could be a little more
open to different ideas. I don't know whether Peter represents a broad base
of activists or is more a one-off. If he does represent a broader base of
people or if there actually is a Legalize Heroin movement developing that
opposes ibogaine in this way then it would be great to have more
communication with them.

Nick