[Ibogaine] Vision problems/solutions post-Ibo

m.finman mafinman at optonline.net
Mon Jan 31 11:47:50 EST 2005

Julie and all,
      The vision thing is a big issue with me.  Unlike yourself I didn't
require reading glasses until 10 years ago,( by then many years into using)
however after the ibo I noticed my reading vision has deteriorated. The
other day I had to ask my young nephew to read my fortune from the fortune
cookie. To me it looked like a solid line.  He swore to me it said "today is
a good day to buy a present for someone you love !'  Anyway, this vision
thing is one of the main reasons I am hesitant to try another session. Parts
of me desperately would like to do it again and then the other part wants to
watch and see the natural progression of coming off and out from under the
effects of having taking ibogaine/being on methedone and heroin for over 20
years.  My brother-in-law had fuzzy vision for a good 2-3 weeks after his
session.
          The sleeping thing:  I'm coming up on six months out and for me
about 6 weeks ago when I got my treadmill and starting using it really
regularly is when I started to sleep through the night.  About 10 days ago I
wacked out my left knee on the treadmill from either too much incline work
or enthusiasm.  The mind was willing. I have to learn that moderation thing
people keep telling me about. Since I have been laying off the treadmill I
have been waking up after 5- hours sleep, awake for 1-2 hours and then
resuming for another 2 hours.
        Another thing for me to consider, since my right elbow seems to be
creaking a bit as well is this me just now noticing damage and aches and
pains from all those years of methedone (which as Preston pointed out was an
amazing pain killer). You know how all the oldtimers on the programs are
walking with canes. While I did a lot of damage control at times, with my
diet, I feel a lot of those brittle bones form methedone can be  partly from
malnutrition.
          The thing you also mentioned about dreams and memories,  I'm also
feeling like I am clearing a lot of old memories and  past life stuff that's
been a thorn in my side thanks to the iboga.
        I'd like to wait a while to see if there really is a such thing as
"normal".
       So I'm just real curious what's coming next as far as the progression
goes without complicating it with coming off of another session.
Although....
                                                                      Martee