[Ibogaine] after ibo treatment

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 13:52:12 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/30/05 11:05:10 AM, skrupa20022002 at yahoo.com writes:

>Hi everyone! I took my last buprenex dose this am.Dont know how bad
withdrawal
>will get ,but I know Im in the right place for support as needed.They tell
>me bup w/d is very long but milder ,any ibonauts hve experience in this
>arena.Im considering ibogaine if this gets too tough,probably sara's. Not
>really wanting to go to mexico again ,love those folks but dont really
>want the clinical setting deal, no angels around that I know of, I would
>never do it alone even tho Ive done it 3 times.All this tuff love stuff
>has me wondering how many times do I choose to go thru this, feeling like
>the detox queen here,what would my life be like if I wasnt doing this once
>or twice  a year?Love yall, ill keep you posted -shell

Shelly,

If you are treating withdrawal and not addiction much lower doses of ibogaine
can be used.  Buprenorphine binds to receptors for quite a long time.  Some
of its metabolites may hang out for weeks.  Even 150 mg HCl may have a
significant effect on moderating dependence as well as producing psychotherapeutic
benefits in some subjects.  I would wait until you are experiencing withdrawal as
a matter of safety until more is known about burpenorphine and ibogaine
interaction.  You might even start with 50mg HCl just to test the waters.  Was your
last dose of burprenex 1mg and just to make sure you are not taking the
naloxone mix are you?  I think going to Sara's is a good idea even if it is not
tough going.  It is like something to do. And with Sara there is so much more
than ibogaine/iboga.

Howard