[Ibogaine]-Provider question: Free will vs. Addiction

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 13:30:11 EST 2005

Randy wrote >Have you ever met Preston? I have,
and maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I swear I could see the pain in his
face
when he had to move around. Does he or anyone else with as many pain issues
as he has not have the right to try and make his life easier to deal with?<

 Thanks very much for pointing this out Randy.
I was again finding myself thinking about this whole thread this morning,
and Nick's position. I'm very sick of reading Nick accusing me of making
excuses to be a junkie. For crying out loud, I think my wanting to be as
pain free as possible, considering I can barely freakin walk, or put my
right foot down on the ground, or sit at my desk and type, or feel the skin
in much of my right leg and foot and beyond that numbness there's just
excruciating pain, is very understandable, and something I don't have to
make excuses for- nor do I have to or want to justify it, most particularly
to someone like Nick.
    I thank the powers that be for something like ibogaine, which might very
well allow me to use opiates in much smaller amounts than might have been
necessary otherwise, that will allow me to keep my tolerance in check as I
continue to use opiates for my foreseeable future, maybe, if I can find a
steady supply over the next however many years I have left on the planet.
    I'd personally be more than shocked if someone told me they'd only sell
ibogaine to me if I was going to be using it only to get completely off
drugs, or with any stipulations whatsoever, and would be really upset with
someone is they refused to sell it to me or to anyone with this sort of
stipulation in mind.
    And I keep coming back to the whole thing about ibogaine itself being
highly illegal and controversial in and of itself. I wonder what the
prohibitionist minded folk would think about your attitutde Nick, that
ibogaine is an ok drug to use but only to get others off drugs (am I ready
your position correctly here?)- they'd laugh in your face. It's tough enough
getting prohibition-deluded folk to accept methadone clinics (not my
preference, but in today's horrific age and attitude a very necessary avenue
to those not wanting to continue their lives running the streets dodging
cops but are not ready to stop "using" some sort of opiate.)

Peace and love,
Preston Peet

mistaken for madness"
Richard Davenport-Hines

ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Editor http://www.drugwar.com
Editor "Mysterious Roots- The Disinformation Guide to Ancient Civilizations,
Explorations and Enigmas" (due out Sept. 2005)
Cont. High Times mag/.com
Cont. Editor http://www.disinfo.com
Columnist New York Waste
Etc.