[Ibogaine]-Provider question: Free will vs. Addiction

BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com BiscuitBoy714 at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 10:21:21 EST 2005

Dr. Tom, I read your post the other day and didn't have time to give it the
thought that it deserves, I have time now. First off, I'm not a provider but I
know a few and I'd like to say something here. LOL I have to see that 4 inch
group offhand at 50 yards. I might be able to get 4 inch groups with a Ruger Mk
II but with 2 hands and a rest. 'Nuff' jokin', this is serious. This issue
needs to be addressed. When I had my treatment everyone, and I mean everyone
wanted to know about my aftercare and plans for the future to the point that it
irratated me. Turns out that they were right about therapy by the way. Nobody
that I know of will treat anyone just to make it easier to get high. This has
probably been hashed out allready, I haven't had time to read everthing on the
list for days now, but I have to say this. Have you ever met Preston? I have,
and maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I swear I could see the pain in his face
when he had to move around. Does he or anyone else with as many pain issues
as he has not have the right to try and make his life easier to deal with?
That's not a decision I would make carte blanch (where the hell is the spell
checker on this thing?) about anyone. Besides if I had my way Ibogaine would be
legal and this would be a mute point. If I was a provider I would have to take
all things into consideration on an individual basis. To me, Ibogaine is about
the choices it gives you and the best route out of addiction that I personaly
know of. I've been addicted off and on since the 70's to oppiates. This is the
first time I have felt good about being clean since I shot Morphine when I was
15 years old. I didn't really see how it could work for me but I tried
anyway. It worked. How do we know who it will work for and who it won't? There is a
screening process and I'd have to say that to the man everyone treated here of
late in the NYC area truly wanted to get clean. I hope Preston doesn't mind
me saying this but I would imagine if he could have been clean AND free of pain
he probably would have loved it. That didn't happen for him and I wish it
had. Ibogaine is medicine and should be treated that way. Oppiates are medicine
too, just look at all those 'scripts that get written for them. Dr.'s give out
an addictive substance all day long and the government won't let people who
want out of addiction have the single most effective way of dealing with that
addiction legaly obtain Ibogaine. That almost seems evil to me. There should be
Ibogaine information in every Dr.'s office and Methadone clinic in the US. I'm
covering my end on that, how 'bout you? I've said it before and I'll say it
again, I won't shut up until every addict that I know of at least knows that
there is another way out. I pay close attention to everything you say and I'm
glad that you brought this up. When I get back to the Catskills I'm gonna' work
on my one handed shot.hehehehe        Randy