[Ibogaine] ibogaine and scary fascism

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jan 26 15:19:28 EST 2005

Nick asked >What about just being a general fucking drag, junkie or
otherwise? I mean,
don't you agree it would be great to have some social laws for people who
don't want to participate in life? OK, it could be abused and Who make the
Rules Up and all that, but really I think some people should just be dragged
out of their homes and made to take part.
<

What?!
Um, I would prefer not to hang out with a general fucking drag, but who am I
to take that to the next level. For crying out loud, I find most drunks
total freakin' drags Nick, but I don't wanna lock 'em up and make them face
whatever. I certain do not agree that it would be great to have some social
laws for people who don't want to participate in life, I personally find
that horrifying and completely batty.
Again, no offense, but wow, that's pretty extreme. I'm actually completely
the opposite, feeling quite the Libertarian when it comes to this sort of
thing.
    And I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to drag you out
of your home and lock you away for daring even talk about, much less use
such a dangerous and criminal mistake of the lord as ibogaine. (I use
imagined prohibitionist terminology, not my own here.) They've already
written some nifty social laws I suppose we could emulate- force everyone
out of their homes, to take ibogaine and face their stuff. Egad, that's so
damned not right and downright un-American (again, I jest 'cause it's just
too damned America really) what you are saying here. I'm amazed. I think
I've not been paying attention to what certain people have been posting on
this here list.

>I mean ibogaine IS fencing-in,
basic principle of liberating consciousness - enclose it. Let it start to
see what it really is, reflected back on itself.<

I gotta just say Nick that while I enjoyed ibogaine and definitely plan on
going through it at least another time (maybe a lot of other time- won't
committ to that yet, instead taking it one trip at a time), I didn't need
ibogaine or any other drug to liberate my consciousness- my "liberated
conciousness" was what lead me to try drugs in the first place, at least so
I believe. I use various drugs to various reasons, and ibogaine is one more
drug to use for one more (or more than one, I will definitely grant it that)
reason too.

>I live in a community I love and I work and I
have fun. I like communal living, I like it that we lay our trip on the
world a bit here. Yeah, celebrate existence.<

Funny, so do I, and yeah, I tend to think I celebrate existence to the very
best of my ability, so I'm not sure what your point is.
But I'm still having trouble with the whole "let's drag [some? So who
decides who is a drag and who is not Nick, and what constitutes drag? Would
drag be defined universally or would we take into consideration cultural
mores and habits? Woudl certain clothing styles or musical tastes be
included in this? Or religious or political viewpoints? It appear exactly so
from what I'm reading into your words. Sheeze, this is so messed up, really,
I'm having trouble even wrapping my head around the idea that you might
really be serious) people out of their homes and force them" to do anything.
I think I'd be very unhappy to see you arrive at my door with that attitude.
It would lead to very, very unpleasentry and lots of non-huggy and
ingrateness for sure.

I wish sometimes I was more of a cretin so I could curse and fume and not
feel stupid for doing so, because occasionally I'm hit with a brick like
this email from out of nowhere and I really want to express my amazement in
more gutteral, street lingo, but there are ladies present and all that,
so....

Peace and love,
Preston Peet

mistaken for madness"
Richard Davenport-Hines

ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Editor http://www.drugwar.com
Editor "Mysterious Roots- The Disinformation Guide to Ancient Civilizations,
Explorations and Enigmas" (due out Sept. 2005)
Cont. High Times mag/.com
Cont. Editor http://www.disinfo.com
Columnist New York Waste
Etc.