[Ibogaine] ibogaine and scary fascism:Nick

Nick Sandberg nick227 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 13:45:31 EST 2005

  -----Original Message-----
  From: thethird at myway.com [mailto:thethird at myway.com]
  Sent: 26 January 2005 17:11
  To: ibogaine at mindvox.com
  Subject: RE: [Ibogaine] ibogaine and scary fascism:Nick

                      Hey Nick, I read a post where you wrote:

                      >>What about just being a general fucking drag, junkie
or otherwise? I mean,
                      >>don't you agree it would be great to have some
social laws for people who
                      >>don't want to participate in life? OK, it could be
abused and Who make the
                      >>Rules Up and all that, but really I think some
people should just be dragged
                      >>out of their homes and made to take part.

                      Are you serious that you think people should be forced
out of their homes and then forced into doing things that other people feel
they should do.

                      Yes! Where do you live?!

                      That sounds pretty serious. What if we only get one
life and here is some jerk telling us what he thinks we should do to really
get the most of it. I have to say that one of my pet peeves is nosy people
who feel that they know what is best for everyone else. Being a drug addict
it becomes pretty obvious that there is no shortage of people who get off
hearing all the gritty details of your life a nd can't wait to feel that
spiritual better than thouness when they take you by the hand and guide you
through all that nastiness and bring you into the light. I have complete
respect for people who spend time helping other people, but I think it is
important that they don't try to force people into that help, because it
won't work unless that person wants to be helped.

                      You don't want people poking their noses into your
private little thought processes! Why not? What are you hiding?

                       Also when you said you are anti-heroin, I would like
to ask you why. Because it is so addictive and you think it ruins people's
lives?

                      No, because I'm pro-awareness. Heroin's a painkiller,
an analgesic. It numbs you out and blocks awareness, blocks development.

                       Everything we take acts like a drug in our brains,
from the food we eat to the air we breathe. Oxygen is probably the most
addictive thing out there, but nobody thinks about trying to kick oxygen
because our quality of life would be pretty shitty without it,

                      This is true

                       and I truly believe that for some people, because of
a chemical imbalance, pain reasons,  lack of awareness, chronic immaturity,
laziness (just to give both sides) or whatever, that their quality of life
with opiates is higher than without it. All in all it should be up to the
individual, as long as they are not hurting any one else, to decide how they
want to live their life.

                      Well, I don't agree.  I think dragging people out of
their homes is a far better option. Really, I mean it. Drag all those seedy
little secrets that you don't want to reveal to the world out into daylight
and get to recognize who you really are. Why not? Confront your fears! Show
yourself! Give it!

                       I've done a lot of things in my life that some people
would have loved to have the control to stop me, but I am thankful that they
couldn't because I got a lot from those things, more understanding about
myself and what I wanted this life to be about. If you can't be in someone
else's head you can't know what they want or need, so don't you think it
would be better to let people come to their own conclusions,

                      I'm sorry, but this just isn't my experience. A lot of
people don't seem to have a clue what they actually need. They're stuck in
repetitive patterns in life, trying to maintain face and hold down feelings,
desperate to cling to anything that doesn't theaten their image of
themselves, few more so than addicts. They just go round and round, and if
they come past me I try to encourage them to look deeper  in whatever way I
can. I'm learning.

                       and then, if you like to help people, wait until they
decide what they want to change, and then help them, as opposed to forcing
what you think is best for them upon them? You always seem so positive and
up-beat that I think you are probably great at helping people, but from some
of your posts I got the feeling that you could be a little forceful (the
whole dragging people out of their homes thing). Of course it's hard to know
what people are like from a few emails.

                      I like people. I learn from people. And if someone is
coming into my vicinity who I think could benefit from useful feedback, then
I give it. My energy is pro-active, that's how I am. About knowing how
people are, for sure it's hard from emails. Emails are a bit limited
generally but, still, something can happen!

                      love

                      Nick

                      Laura

--