[Ibogaine] ibogaine and scary fascism:Nick

thethird at myway.com thethird at myway.com
Wed Jan 26 12:11:21 EST 2005

Hey Nick, I read a post where you wrote:>>What about just being a general fucking drag, junkie or otherwise? I mean,>>don't you agree it would be great to have some social laws for people who>>don't want to participate in life? OK, it could be abused and Who make the>>Rules Up and all that, but really I think some people should just be dragged>>out of their homes and made to take part.Are you serious that you think people should be forced out of their homes and then forced into doing things that other people feel they should do. That sounds pretty serious. What if we only get one life and here is some jerk telling us what he thinks we should do to really get the most of it. I have to say that one of my pet peeves is nosy people who feel that they know what is best for everyone else. Being a drug addict it becomes pretty obvious that there is no shortage of people who get off hearing all the gritty details of your life and can't wait to feel that spiritual better than thouness when they take you by the hand and guide you through all that nastiness and bring you into the light. I have complete respect for people who spend time helping other people, but I think it is important that they don't try to force people into that help, because it won't work unless that person wants to be helped. Also when you said you are anti-heroin, I would like to ask you why. Because it is so addictive and you think it ruins people's lives? Everything we take acts like a drug in our brains, from the food we eat to the air we breathe. Oxygen is probably the most addictive thing out there, but nobody thinks about trying to kick oxygen because our quality of life would be pretty shitty without it, and I truly believe that for some people, because of a chemical imbalance, pain reasons, or whatever, that their quality of life with opiates is higher than without it. All in all it should be up to the individual, as long as they are not hurting any one else, to decide how they want to live their life. I've done a lot of things in my life that some people would have loved to have the control to stop me, but I am thankful that they couldn't because I got a lot from those things, more understanding about myself and what I wanted this life to be about. If you can't be in someone else's head you can't know what they want or need, so don't you think it would be better to let people come to their own conclusions, and then, if you like to help people, wait until they decide what they want to change, and then help them, as opposed to forcing what you think is best for them upon them? You always seem so positive and up-beat that I think you are probably great at helping people, but from some of your posts I got the feeling that you could be a little forceful (the whole dragging people out of their homes thing). Of course it's hard to know what people are like from a few emails.
Laura