[Ibogaine] stick around mate.

Kirsty Sutherland captkirk at kol.co.nz
Tue Jan 25 21:10:59 EST 2005

Being from New Zealand, or rather Dunedin, Otago....we have VERY limited
choice of drugs.....so every person game enough to grow poppies in the
season is risking every junkie in the region (yes, we travel far and
wide,...) stomping through their chrysanthemums and marigolds to pluck the
afore said plant from the ground in which it grows.  And then we see doco's
and gardening books from around the world with gardens just bursting with
these plants.  Oh, a kiwis paradise!!
A few years back I got a job in my home town picking asparagus (or scary
grass as my partners child called it...it literally grows before your
eyes!!) anyway this farmer had a couple of years before tried growing
poppies for commercial purpose..for the seed I think (geez!!) anyway, he'd
given this up but if you know how many seeds a poppy produces then you can
imagine how many years he's going to have them popping up  in his field.
What a joy it was in the season to sneak in the back way to the field and
just relax whilst bleeding the plants. We would also take all the gears with
us so we could cook up there and then!
That would be the closest I got to a big poppy field!!!
Lol
Kirk