[Ibogaine] Ken/was/Re: [Ibogaine] free

....Ken chayco at island.net
Tue Jan 25 00:42:58 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <HSLotsof at aol.com>
To: <ibogaine at mindvox.com>

> Ah come on Ken,
>
> Hang out.

Thanks Howard.

This site does does allow access to firsthand information not readily
available. I will remain awhile longer.
I just needed to learn which personalities are best left unruffled.

Dose regimens in treating methamphetamine dependence can be quite
> varied. Everything from the normal 15mg/kg  doses to prolonged regimens of
> 50mg to 150mg/day for a week or two or doses that are determined by the
patient
> on an as needed basis as a substitute for amphetamine.  What has been seen
in
> some cases is that after a week or so the subject will lose interest in
> amphetamine.  Some issues of concern related to concurrent use and
toxicity of
> ibogaine and amphetamines and/or the issue of the subject remaining well
hydrated
> are serious.  Lack of hydration may prove fatal. What is shown in both
animal
> model research and human observations is that ibogaine will raise brain
levels
> of amphetamine.  The inverse may also be true.  It is quite a crap shoot
and
> requires either knowledgeable drug users or knowledgeable doctors.  Both
in
> combination would be best.  Too bad we don't have an approved drug that
could be
> given to hundreds of methamphetamine users so we could begin to accumulate
data.

> Howard

My concern with methamphetamine abusers was the elevated heart rate and
entrenched psychotic behaviour.
It seems to me that ibogaine as an effective interrupter of opiate addiction
is a given, in most situations, but the effectiveness of ibogaine to
'interrupt' chronic methamphetamine abuse appears to not be as dramatic as
with opiates.

If there is a risk of ibogaine raising amphetamine levels in the brain, and
the 'self administered' is acting in an extremely psychotic and harmful
manner, what steps can  the 'care giver' take immediately ?

                                         ...Ken