Ken/was/Re: [Ibogaine] free

HSLotsof at aol.com HSLotsof at aol.com
Mon Jan 24 21:23:38 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/24/05 8:54:55 PM, chayco at island.net writes:

<< I suspect Preston is behind this......twiddling the levers like the great
OZ

he may well be.

Free me Preston.......Freeeeee meeeee.

Ah come on Ken,

Hang out.  Dose regimens in treating methamphetamine dependence can be quite
varied. Everything from the normal 15mg/kg  doses to prolonged regimens of
50mg to 150mg/day for a week or two or doses that are determined by the patient
on an as needed basis as a substitute for amphetamine.  What has been seen in
some cases is that after a week or so the subject will lose interest in
amphetamine.  Some issues of concern related to concurrent use and toxicity of
ibogaine and amphetamines and/or the issue of the subject remaining well hydrated
are serious.  Lack of hydration may prove fatal. What is shown in both animal
model research and human observations is that ibogaine will raise brain levels
of amphetamine.  The inverse may also be true.  It is quite a crap shoot and
requires either knowledgeable drug users or knowledgeable doctors.  Both in
combination would be best.  Too bad we don't have an approved drug that could be
given to hundreds of methamphetamine users so we could begin to accumulate data.

Howard