[Ibogaine] 10 weeks out- dear Jeff

Ms Iboga ms_iboga at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 10:22:23 EST 2005

Dear Jeff,

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in
your experiences.  I was only on opiates for 4 years
(with one year on the 'done) and my sleeping patterns
are still fucked up.  I could have sworn that the
whole 'glow' thing was gone within 2-4 weeks, due to
my metabolic rate- you're probably a fast metabolizer
like me

I have heard that the longer you're 'opiated', so to
speak, the longer it will take to return to normal.
For methadone recovery, the time-frame is usually
listed in MONTHS, not weeks.  My doctor said methadone
is definitely the hardest opiate to bounce back from,
as it commandeers your whole system.  He said the
normalization period is usually 3-6 months, but
sometimes up to 12.

I believe that many people(including myself) whose
drug-of-choice is heroin or another opiate, had low
levels of serotonin before we picked up our habits.
My provider recommended 5-HTP, yoga or Tai Chi, and
well-balanced meals to stimulate production of
serotonin/endorphins.  Theses methods seem to be
helping.  But nothing can heal your body like the
passage of time.

I would almost recommend that you try a low-dose
session soon.  Do you have access to Ibo?  Would you
want to try another dosing?

Smiles, Julie