[Ibogaine] Patrick you're in another book

Patrick K. Kroupa digital at phantom.com
Sat Jan 22 21:41:44 EST 2005

On Jan 22, 2005, at 1:24 AM, Vivienne Elanta wrote:

> He cautions against drugs and then shows how all the coolest people
> are f***'d
> up 24/7 and it's nearly a commercial for heroin. He's got you Patrick
> with
> heroin, technology, the new edge and loads of good stuff, but ibogaine
> has a
> one word mention in a sentence somewhere in the back.

Hullo.  I neither wrote nor edited the book.  I haven't read it yet.
When I talk about drugs then yes, heroin is always mentioned.  So is
ibogaine, and usually other whitelight molecules such as LSD.

What hits paper is almost exclusively junk.  Ibogaine is stripped out,
and LSD hasn't landed a single time.

The demographic that appears interested in whitelight molecules are the
entheogen crowd.  The people who want to listen 'bout ibogaine, are a
broader mix.  But primarily it all amounts to: preaching to the choir.

Everybody else wants the dirT.  Junkie war stories.

> Luv the photograph of Richard Hell and Johnny Thunders!

Thanks.  That right up there ^^^ is an excellent summary.  You fill up
a message with angst about pimpin' junk's mystique, and close with,
"Richard Hell and Johnny Thunders!!!!  They're soooooo fucked-up.  How
cooL! <SwooN>"  The end.

And, of course, you purchased the book.

"I was so shocked, disgusted, offended and outraged ... I bought 5
copies."

Patrick