[Ibogaine] Patrick you're in another book

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 04:24:16 EST 2005

Vivien (?) wrote >Really tho he starts by cautioning folks in the opener,
he's got loads of great
material with you Patrick, interviews and quoting your writing and he's got
an
whole chapter on why heroin is so cool, with Paul Krassner opening it up.<

Then I must say I'm glad I got the honor of writing the "heroin" story in
Paul's "other drugs" collection/book.
;-))

>He cautions against drugs and then shows how all the coolest people are
>f***'d
up 24/7 and it's nearly a commercial for heroin.<

Ahhh, the definition of "cool." That helps, a lot, specially at about this
time, that "oh shit, I've got how many pills until I can see the doc again"
stage.

>Two generations of so-called yippie culture, with Paul Krassner and Patrick
>and
the both of you are one long heroin commercial. Shame on you both! I
shouldn't
say that, there isn't anyone in his book who isn't a drug commercial.<

For shame.

>Luv the photograph of Richard Hell and Johnny Thunders!<

If I had a dime for every person who told me while I was on the streets of
LES strung out that they'd hung out/got high/played guitar/otherwise jammed
with Thunders, I'd have enough money for all the drugs I could ever..well,
that's impossible, but you get my drift, right?
I've redicovered the secret of drinking vodka to kill that "ouch, my skin
hurts a lot along with all the rest of my pain." It doesn't really kill it,
but it makes everything more wobbly, and slightly warmer, which makes the
rest of it almost bearable.
Anuther one of those :-0) things.

Peace and love,
Preston