Almost clean...& about chipping

shelley krupa skrupa20022002 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 13:40:46 EST 2005

Hey List, glad to see so many active folks aboard. Guess I'd qualify as one of the lurkers lately, although the last time I posted ,I had only one response..from Howard. I had started chippin' about when the holiday season started,not in the celebratory mode but more like..holidays hurt for me.Of course ,we all know what happens after chippin around.Im a fellow x3 ibonaut ,but cant really take a week out to do ibogaine right now ,so I picked the lesser of the evils & got a doc I know to help me with buprenex,Im doing a taper,on miniscule amounts & actually following directions!Probalably b/c no real HIGH reward form the bup, after no drug of choice now for over 2 weeks  ,Im seeing more clearly how insane it was/is to pick up again,& Im not willing to do the guilt thingy like Preston was discussing,even tho the doc is shoving 12 step down my throat,Im holding steady,Im only taking an eigth of a 2 mg pill ,dont know how bad its actually gonna be to stop completely,working on getting
 into the right spiritual state of mind instead of the bleak junkie thought process.No one here to help with an at home detox like last time,had an angel ,cant get off work due to unreliable behavior lately( but still salvagable b/c Im catching myself so quickly). Howard suggested the ibogaine sessions in the past are still having a good influence in the present.Still wanting to do another session in the spring when I can schedule time off ,I need at least a week without the pressure of my job (psych RN).Enough about me ,glad every one is here & for some new blood too,Shell

Preston Peet <ptpeet at nyc.rr.com> wrote:Drug War Chronicle in 2005Hi all,
Yes, I know, it looks like I'm bleating about myself while beating my
own drum, but this is definitely a first for me (well, that's not surprising
considering it's my first book anyway) and so cool that I had to share. My
book is being offered as an incentive by DRCNet to draw in donations. That
is one of the coolest things I could think of to have happen (other than for
that magic "hey, yer a best selling multi-millionaire now- what book would
you like to be paid lots of money to write now?" and "another agent called
seeking to represent you." Those would also be very cool of course and rank
pretty high up on my "how cool is that" list.)

>As a special encouragement, we are offering an exciting new incentive:
>Donate $40 or more once, or $10 or more per month, and receive a
>complimentary copy of Under The Influence: The Disinformation Guide to
>Drugs, edited by Preston Peet, an engaging collection of 49 essays about
>the drug war, including two by Drug War Chronicle's own Phil Smith. Click
>here to read the Drug War Chronicle review of Under The Influence.<
snip-

see the rest below.

;-0)))

Peace and love,