[Ibogaine] (OT) Re: [Ibogaine] free

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 06:29:17 EST 2005

HI Ken, and all others too of course,

Ken asked >BTW......what da bleedin'  'ell is this peace and love bit ?<

I figure to plant a few seeds of positive vibes and this is one way I've
personally chosen to do so. How others react and respond and use those vibes
is up to them.

 >Ahh, come on Preston...........I don't know your past on this group...<

It's fairly long and varied.

>but, I
got this here fuzzy feeling that you have some great potential as a story
teller. You got to admit.......there aren't many (any) of us who haven't got
a bucketful of bizarre storys........that only 'we' may relate to.<

You can always check out http://www.drugwar.com for some of my stories, news
and otherwise.

There's also this link, which takes you directly to my page at my website:

http://www.drugwar.com/PrestonPeetIndex.shtm

and here's one that goes even deeper into that one page, where I've a few
chapters of a book-in-progress called Something in the Way, that's currently
going through yet another rewrite. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.drugwar.com/somethingintheway.shtm

>I remember them symbolically burying the 'hippie' in SF back on the eve of
>'69/'70.<

While I do seem to remember reading something about this happening, I have
to ask: Who is "them" and why does "them" always get the blame?
Seriously though, are you implying that by my adding peace and love to my
sig line I'm a hippie? Or a wannabe hippie? Is this what yer getting at?
LOL, ok, you got me, I'ma hippie. Just kidding, I'm not. Or am I? I do have
hair and a beard, I might be a hippie and not even know it. But I suspect
I'd know, and I'm not a hippie. Just kidding, I am. Oh wait, no I'm not. Now
you've got me all confused damnit.

>Being myself a poor Canuck with flowers and bugs in my intentions and
>discovering that the hippie was dead and the yippie was born. Aye,
>lad........may be a tad before yer time.<

Um, ok.
I was just now talking to an old friend on the phone in England about when I
lived there and we hung out together, going through the whole, "hey, let's
get high, let's score, let's get straight, holy shit where are we gonna get
money, can you fit through that window, ok, they're gone let's split- got
the luggage, ouch that hurt I missed, boy does that gear suck, hey, you
alright? Wake up." (come to think of it, she's mentioned briefly in this
story at this link: http://www.drugwar.com/sitwspitonfloor.shtm) That sort
of thing. Her brother has two kids, who when I last saw them one was a baby,
a wee teeny thing and the little girl was just that, a little girl of 6. Now
the baby is 12 and the little girl is databl...no, that's not right, I
didn't mean that, I mean, she's 16 now and apparently a cutey. Or something
like that. Anyway, the point is not to imply pedophilia, as I'm not one who
leans even remotely that way I'm really just scribbling silly nonsense at
way too early a time of the morning, but rather to point out that I was
suddenly feeling a little old. Or getting old. Or feeling my age no longer
creeping but rather leaping up at me and grabbing ahold with a vengence. But
then you write to remind me that there are others who can still tell me
their memories are "a tad before my time" and that's a good thing. So
without even trying you passed on a good vibe to me, thanks kindly Ken.
;-))
BTW, when did you self-administer ibogaine? What form was it in? Did it help
you attain what you were after, or give you what you were trying to find by
doing it? Why did you take it three times? Where did you take it, if you
don't mind my asking all these questions. Was it helpful? When did you last
take it, and how long did the "glow" (if you experienced any for that
matter) last for you? Do you feel you got some lasting effects from taking
ibogaine, anything either beneficial or harmful overall? Any longterm
effects you're still aware of at all?
    Thanks for your time and for all the big smiles you keep giving me.

Peace and love,
Preston

mistaken for madness"
Richard Davenport-Hines