nail in the brain- how'd that get there?

Preston Peet ptpeet at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jan 17 08:51:15 EST 2005

This is a bit off topic for some of these lists, (and I apologize for cross
posting if it bothers anyone) but I just had to forward this one on to you
all:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/17/national/17nail.html

Cause of Man's Toothache? A 4-Inch Nail
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: January 17, 2005

LITTLETON, Colo., Jan. 16 (AP) - A dentist found the source of the toothache
Patrick Lawler was complaining about on the roof of his mouth: a four-inch
nail he had unknowingly embedded in his skull six days earlier.
snip-

How in the heck did this guy not know he'd shot himself in the face? Egad.

Peace and love,
Preston Peet

mistaken for madness"
Richard Davenport-Hines